During PAX East 2020, Gearbox Publishing revealed more details on Borderlands 3's upcoming DLC next month, as well as what's on the way in 2020. First off, the Steam version of the game will be dropping on March 13th, for those of you who want this PC version. What's more, it will have crossplay with the Epic Games Store version. Meanwhile, they have people a preview of the next DLC on the way on March 23rd, called "Guns, Love, and Tentacles: The Marriage of Wainwright & Hammerlock". We also found out there will be more paid DLC coming out throughout the rest of 2020. Plus, many more free events which includes Mayhem Mode 2.0 and the Revenge of the Cartels seasonal event in April, and then Takedown at the Maliwan Blacksite in May. Here's some added into on the DLC.
Sir Alistair Hammerlock and Wainwright Jakobs are finally tying the knot, and they want you to come celebrate their upcoming nuptials on the ice planet of Xylourgos. Its frozen wastes have thinned out all but the most vicious wildlife, and the eerie town of Cursehaven – where you've all agreed to meet – is located beneath the colossal carcass of a fallen Vault Monster.
As if this ice world's biting cold and vicious wildlife weren't unwelcoming enough, a band of creepy occultists who worship the Vault Monster's carcass are hellbent on breaking up the betrothed partners. You'll have to fight back the forces of otherworldly evil if Wainwright and Hammerlock are to have their happily ever after. Luckily, the most badass wedding planner in the galaxy has your back: Gaige, a fugitive Vault Hunter (and returning fan-favorite character) who's inseparable from her robot BFF Deathtrap. And that's not all:
- Reunite with old friends and team up with some eerie new characters to help true love triumph over eldritch horror;
- Confront bloodthirsty enemies and formidable bosses, including alien beasts, hideously mutated occultists, and a clan of cold-blooded bandits;
- Delve into the disturbing and occasionally daft backstories of cursed townfolk in a host of spine-tingling side missions;
- Arm your Vault Hunter with some of the deadliest gear in the galaxy, including a trove of additional Legendaries and some supremely powerful Class Mods; and,
- Flaunt your sense of style with a slew of new cosmetic items, from Vault Hunter Heads & Skins to interactive Room Decorations and all-new Vehicle Skins.