Ubisoft and Massive Entertainment have updated Ghost Recon: Wildlands today to give end-game veteran players something else to do with their time in the fictional narco-state of Bolivia. That new challenge is coming in the form of the brand new Tier 1 mode.
After maxing out at level 30, players can choose to activate Tier 1. From there, characters start at Tier 50, with earned XP going towards unlocking the next lowest Tier, down to Tier 1. Higher Tiers yield new weapon upgrades to contend with the game's more difficult targets. With each Tier enemies get smarter and tougher, although players can always opt to stick with a lower Tier they're more comfortable playing at.
Finally, you can return to the endless grind of Ghost Recon: Wildlands with even more grinding in your future. I reviewed the game back during its initial launch in March, and found it to be "a mostly fun FPS with a weak story." which was nothing new for a Ghost Recon title.
The update also adds a UI notification when the player's cover is blown telling them why they've been detected, alongside various bug fixes, detailed below:
- The reason for detection is now displayed above the mini-map.
- Fixed a bug where the player could not use the drone or the binoculars after using the medic drone to heal.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles would take low damage when shot from a long distance.
- Corrected a bug where the Stoner LMG folded buttstock would be described with an incorrect location in the loadout.
- Corrected a bug where Whisper pistol had no silencer and would alarm NPCs if players used it.
- An unusual noise was heard near a ruined hut…
- Fixed a bug where the M9 handgun would sound the same with or without a suppressor.
- Fixed a bug where the follower icon could be missing when in the tacmap in the Narco Road DLC.
- Fixed a bug where the player would be detected by NPCs when shooting at long distance with a crossbow in the Fallen Ghosts DLC.
- Fixed a bug where excessive lighting would occur in certain weather types in the Fallen Ghosts expansion when the Enhanced Godrays option was enabled.
- Fixed a bug where selecting the Left Handed Mouse option would display the right click for fast travel on the tacmap instead of the left click.
- Fixed a bug where an Xbox One controller would lose input if the controller was disconnected while the game was unfocused.,
- Fixed a bug where the mouse click was not displayed for the Skills shortcut in the Command Wheel.
- Fixed a bug where a pop-up related to Easy Anti Cheat would be displayed at every game start if the User Account Control feature was enabled in Windows.*
- Fixed a bug where rapidly closing NVIDIA Ansel after it was open caused the game to run at 1 frame per second.
You can check out the Tier 1 mode in action in the below trailer.