Rare is celebrating the third anniversary their pirate rpg of Sea of Thieves with a massive new update next week. Coming April 30th, 2019, the Shores of Gold will add a ton of new content, as it is the first set of narrative-driven Tall Tales patches coming to Sea of Thieves. The focus of this particular Tale is the mysterious Shroudbreaker relic, and just what it will cost you to get it.
From Xbox Wire:
Shores of Gold is made up of nine distinct Tall Tales, each of which can be tackled as part of a pirate crew or by a solo player. Although each Tale is part of a larger saga that spans the Sea of Thieves, they can be enjoyed individually and you're able to replay Tales you've completed previously. In fact, each Tale has been structured to be played repeatedly, meaning you won't always find secrets and solutions in the places you might have been expecting them.
Your quest to reach the Shores of Gold, a legendary location filled with untold riches that lies within the deadly Devil's Shroud, begins with the hunt for an ancient relic that can clear a path through the fog – a relic once sought by the Pirate Lord himself. All of this takes place upon the same shared seas as always, so other pirate crews may have their part to play in your adventure.
This perilous endeavour is just the start of an epic journey that will lead players across the Sea of Thieves. There'll be ancient parchments to decipher, puzzles to solve, traps to dodge, and battles with fearsome enemies that stand between you and your ultimate destination – the massive, mysterious island known as the Shores of Gold.
Along the way you'll meet a rag-tag cast of heroes and villains, some of whom are familiar faces from the game and the Sea of Thieves expanded universe, along with an all new assortment of warmongers, cursed rogues, star-crossed lovers and more. Every tale features professional voice acting to help advance the story, not to mention secret lore books and commendations to work towards as you play.
Key features of the update include:
- Tall Tales – Shores of Gold brings nine story-driven adventures to the shared world of Sea of Thieves.
- Players can enjoy each adventure as part of a crew or alone, and Tales are designed to be replayed and enjoyed again and again.
- New types of gameplay, including enchanted tools and artefacts to master and new locations to explore.
- Decipher long-lost journals and ancient puzzles, battle against fearsome new foes and dodge deadly traps in underground labyrinths.
- Tales designed to imbue excitement, fear, sadness and joy, with characters voiced by professional actors.
- Available to all players for free as part of the Sea of Thieves Anniversary Update.
Sea of Thieves is available now on Xbox One and PC.
You can check out the Shores of Gold trailer below.