Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. At Bleeding Cool, you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies, and more. But today, comic shops across England are reopening en masse6, the Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Daily LITG: – the ten most-read stories yesterday…
The world keeps turning, and America is beginning to heal from all the burns. Even if a few scabs need pulling off first.
- Marvel Legends Reveals Drop Fast & Furious At Hasbro Fan Fest
- Chucky Getting Too Big for Good Guys Britches, Going Diva On Set?
- SCOOP: DC Comics Confirms Vengeance, Daughter Of Bane For Joker #2
- GI Joe Classified & Snake Eyes Reveals Take Over Hasbro Fan Fest
- The Handmaid's Tale S04: Moira's Journey Ends When Gilead Is Free
- Animal Kingdom Season 5 Teaser: Being in Charge Brings Its Own Danger
- Magic: The Gathering "Quantum Quandrix" Deck Is Remarkably Neat
- Alice In Wonderland Gets Trippy With New Black Light Funko Pops
- Breaking Bad Fans Get a Present from Dean Norris on His Birthday
- Gotham Gossip: Lady Bane? A New Batman Villain From DC Comics
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
In case you fancied more LITG about comic books.
- Jason Todd's First Murder In Batman: Urban Legends? (Spoilers)
- Why I Made The Switch From Fantasy Novels To Comics – Camille Longley
- Frank Miller – Appearing In Rorschach #7? (Spoilers)
- It Was A Dream But Almost Got Lost Beyond
- Marvel Confirms Strong Guy and Forge Lost the X-Men Vote
- A Better Look At Bane's Daughter, Vengeance, From Joker #2 (Spoilers)
- Amazing Spider-Man #100 On Auction Right Now At Heritage Auctions
- Batman Beats King in Black To Top Of Bleeding Cool Bestseller List
- Gotham Gossip: Jim Gordon, Barbara Gordon, Oracle, Batgirl (Spoilers)
- First Appearance Of Kitty Pryde, Emma Frost On Auction At Heritage
- Tomorrow, English Comic Shops Open For The First Time In 3 1/2 Months
- Chucky, Bane and Alice in The Daily LITG, 11th April 2021
LITG one year ago, Direct Market, Diamond, DC Zoom
People loved those DC, Marvel and Batman Zoom backgrounds. However, in more substantial articles, it's all about bringing the direct market back.
- DC Comics Offers Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Comic Book Retailers Plans to Fix the Direct Market When It Returns
- Street Fighter V Chun-Li Hits the Beach With PCS Collectibles
- Mondo Releasing New A Clockwork Orange Poster Tomorrow
- Diamond Not to Distribute New Comics Until August at the Earliest?
- DC Releases 18 New Batman Virtual Backgrounds for Zoom Conferencing
- Ubisoft Releases The "Just Dance 2020" Song List
- New Comics Coming to Stores Sooner Than We Thought – Mid May?
- Spawn Original Action Figure Kickstarter Clears $1 Million in One Day
- Dan DiDio Biggest Regret at DC Was Year Two of the New 52
LITG two years ago, The House Of Ideas and the Return of X-Statix
- Did Avengers: No Road Home #9 Drop in a Massive Marvel Milestone? (SPOILERS)
- Yes, This is the Return of X-Statix… With Stripe, Stork and Stoner
- DC's Year of the Villain Details Revealed, And Yes, There's Variants
- Sean Murphy to Comic Book Artists: Stop Complaining
- Is This The Return of X-Statix – With Mirror Girl, Hurt John and Demos?
Comic book birthdays today
There may still not be much of a party atmosphere right now. It all depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are always getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Mark Brooks, artist on Batman, Cable & Deadpool, Ultimate X-Men, The Amazing Spider-Man, New X-Men and Avengers: The Initiative.
- Bruce H. Bolinger, Cracked magazine cartoonist
- Gary Martin, artist on Nexus, Mega Man, Doom Patrol.
- Troy Nixey of Trout, Only The End Of The World Again, Vinegar Teeth and The Black Sinister.
- Alan Vickers, manager of New England Comics
If you are in comics and have a birthday coming up – or you know someone who has – get in touch at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Daily LitG Mailing List.
Interested in more Daily LITG discussion about what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.