Haemimont Games and Paradox Interactive have teamed up with former NASA astronaut Dottie Metcalf-Lindenburger to make sci-fi city builder Surviving Mars as realistic as possible. Metcalf-Lindenburger will take part in a stream on the Paradox Twitch channel on September 1st at 6pm. The stream will show Metcalf playing Surviving Mars with Paradox's Susie McBeth while providing commentary on how the game differs from or coincides with what real astronauts face while traversing the last frontier.
If you want more information on the science behind Surviving Mars, you can check out the "Surviving Mars for Real" panel at PAX West. The Museum of Flight, Haemimont Games, and space experts including Metcalf-Lindenburger, will be conducting a panel featuring analysis of the game and a discussion about the very real technological and psychological considerations that would go into properly colonizing Mars.
The panel will take place on Saturday, September 1st, 2018 at 3pm in the Sphinx Theatre.
The full list of panelists includes:
- Haemimont Games' Bisser Dyankov, Producer and Game Designer for Surviving Mars
- former NASA Astronaut and Geologist, Dottie Metcalf-Lindenburger
- Adjunct Curator for Space History at The Museum of Flight, Geoff Nunn
- Physician and HI-SEAS IV Mars Analog Astronaut, Dr. Sheyna Gifford
- Mars Geologist and Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Science Team Collaborator Dr. Tanya Harrison
- Docent Services Specialist at the Museum of Flight, Sean Mobley