Today we got an action-packed trailer from Konami and Nintendo as Contra Rogue Corps was announced during the Nintendo Direct feed for E3. While the trailer says a lot about the story, now know the game will be a twin stick, third-person action game drawing upon its roots in fast and focused combat. It will be released for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 24th, 2019. Enjoy the video and brief descriptor below as the trailer melts your face off.
Several years after the events of the Alien Wars, Contra: Rogue Corps follows a former military group living on the fringes as bounty hunters and treasure finders in the Damned City. Survival requires fast reactions, powerful weapons and the occasional organ and cybernetic augmentation. Players will complete missions in PVE campaigns, gathering resources to upgrade their guns to stay alive in the Damned City. If all else fails… bring in a friend online and mow-down enemies together in online multiplayer mode!
Key Game Features:
- Action shooter with fast-paced, run & gun style gameplay
- Choose from 4 diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks – determine weapons load out, customise and craft unique weapons and create a perfect symphony of destruction throughout the Damned City
- Operation Room – Upgrade characters and abilities, augmenting each with improved organs and cybernetics
- PVE – Deep single player Story campaign mode chock-full of challenging missions among hordes of enemies. Go solo or group with up to 4 friends or random players online* in multi-player
- PVP – Create custom matches (private mode) for 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 or 1vs4 players*
- Local Couch CO-OP modes with up to 4 players**
- Four diverse characters with their own unique skills and specialty attacks:
o Kaiser – A soldier from the Alien Wars rebuilt after receiving massive injuries, now has a massive arm that transforms into a drill.
o Ms Harakiri – Famed assassin specialising in stealth and infiltration, after barely escaping death during the Alien Wars, she fused together with an alien, now taking residence in her midsection.
o Hungry Beast – Once the noted (human) scientist Kurt Steiner, he had his brain inserted into a giant cyborg panda and now spends most of his time looking for delicious snacks.
o Gentleman – Brain Bug alien raised by humans. Feels the rest of the team are ill-mannered and vulgar, especially the Panda. Argues over table manners and the neatest and most efficient way to dispatch an enemy.