After a hectic week, we return to our regularly scheduled light casting news days. Michelle Monaghan goes to TV, Rocky Balboa goes to Broadway, and more in today's roundup.
• Add Michelle Monaghan to the list of movie actors being wooed over to TV. She's said yes to starring in HBO drama pilot Open, from Glee creator Ryan Murphy. It's described as an exploration on sex and relationships, and she's got the central role, with Scott Speedman, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Wes Bentley and Fringe's Anna Torv supporting her. [Deadline]
• Jason Sudeikis and Kirsten Dunst are getting slutty for their next movie. Sleeping with Other People, as it's aptly titled, will follow Sudeikis as a womanizer, who falls for Dunst's serial cheater. There's a strong foundation for a long and meaningful relationship if I've ever heard one. [Variety]
• Step Up 5 is happening, and it should be an extra special treat for fans of this surprise franchise, as almost everyone from every previous film is coming back. Sorry, no Channing Tatum though. Most notably, Step Up 2: The Street's Briana Evigan and Step Up: Revolution's Ryan Guzman will be back to reprise their roles. [Deadline]
• Rocky the musical is something else that's happening, and it's happening on Broadway. Sylvester Stallone is producing, but don't worry, not starring. Instead, dreamy Broadway vet Andy Karl will play Rocky Balboa, the underdog boxer turned champion. Margo Seibert will make her Broadway debut as Adrian. [NY Times]
• Rising star Boyd Holbrook has landed two new supporting roles, in Liam Neeson-Joel Kinnaman thriller Run All Night, and David Fincher's Gone Girl. Looks like he's just about the only one who came out of The Host with a career unscathed. [Deadline]