Welcome to the Daily LITG. The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but there are highlights. At Bleeding Cool, you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies, and more. And the Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
Daily LITG: Digital First-Among-Equals for DC Comics
The world keeps turning, and America is beginning to heal from all the burns. Even if a few scabs need pulling off first.
- Marvel Rushes To Publish Lady Loki, Mistress Of Mischief
- Marill Limited Research Day Mistaken Kicked Off Early In Pokémon GO
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cast Share Greetings, Updates from Season 8 Set
- Rob Liefeld Spoils Mighty Crusaders In Outrage Against Spoilers
- The Walking Dead: Jeffrey Dean & Hilarie Burton Morgan Celebrate Anniv
- Doctor Who: Time Fracture Shares Set Photos from West End Production
- Klaus Janson On The X-Men Books And More Marvel Ch-Ch-Changes
- DC Changes Digital-First Policy For Their Upcoming Comics
- Doctor Who: Steven Moffat Offers Some Advice to Future Writers
- J.C. Leyendecker Saturday Evening Post Cover Hits Record $4.1 Million
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
In case you fancied more LITG about comic books.
- The Strangely Scientific Debut of Adam Strange Up for Auction
- Hello My Name is Poop: Wonderbound's New Middle Grade Graphic Novel
- The Future in the Hands of Red Hood? Future State Gotham #1 Preview
- America Chavez: Made In The USA #3 Review: Disappointing
- Flatulence in the Belly of the Beast in Wonder Woman #772 [Preview]
- I Know All There Is To Know About The Crying Boy by Niall Orourke
- Time for a Freaky Friday in Guardians of the Galaxy #14 [Preview]
- Batman #108 Review: Too Little Ghost-Maker
- Take a Trip Down Memory Lane in X-Factor #9 [Preview]
- The Good Asian #1 Review: Save A Table In Awards Season
- Batman & Heroes Reborn Beat Fortnite in Bleeding Cool Bestseller List
- Something Is Killing The Children and Blue Flame Top Advance Reorders
- Everything Is Meta – A Blatant & Wholly Transparent Appeal To You
- Hailstone: Civil War Horror Series to Launch as Comixology Original
- New Avengers Reunion in Giant-Size Amazing Spider-Man Kings Ransom
- Superman and Son in Big Trouble in Superman #31 [Preview]
- The War of the Bounty Hunters Continues in Star Wars #13 [Preview]
- Noctis: Australian Hip Hop Band Hilltop Hoods Debut their First Comic
- Marie Enger Sells YA Horror Graphic Novel, Controlled Burn
- Alone Time for Superman & Lois – Justice League Last Ride #1 Preview
- Green Lantern #2 Review: A New Era On Oa
- FCBD Preview: Gloomhaven Gets A One Shot For Free Comic Book Day
- Mutant Superiority on Display in X-Corp #1 [Preview]
- Digital First Becomes Digital-The-Same in The Daily LITG 9th May 2021
LITG one year ago – Bechdel, BBC Zoom, Baron Corbin
Bleeding Cool continued to report from the comics industry shutdown, with comic book stores closing and creators switching to crowd funding.
- BBC Releases Doctor Who, Blake's Seven Set Shots for BBC Zoom Backgrounds
- Baron Corbin Spills the Coffee Beans as Renee Young Makes Corn Soup
- Green Lantern Writer Gerard Jones Writes a Blog From Prison
- San Diego Comics to Permanently Close, Can't Wait For Diamond Anymore
- Mansplaining The Bechdel Test To Rick And Morty Fans
- Why Batman Forever Turned Out to Be Never Again
- Rich Johnston Talks to "Michael Grey", Uncovers Their Real Identity
- Community Read Enrolls Pedro Pascal; Rick and Morty Season 6 Update
- Sean Gordon Murphy to Crowdfund Graphic Novel, The Plot Holes
- Comedian Tom Segura Says Wrestling's for "R****ds", Wrestlers Respond
LITG two years ago – Marvel #1000
Two years ago we were learning and scooping details on Marvel Comics #1000. Was that only a year ago?
- Welcome to Marvel Comics #1000 – Is This How Marvel Intends to Sell a Million Copies in August?
- Many More Creators For Marvel Comics #1000 – Has to Be One-Page Stories #MarvelComics
- LATE: Heroes In Crisis #9 Slips to the Same Week as Doomsday Clock #10
- Layoffs Follow Lion Forge/Oni Press Merger, As Does Backlash
- Marvel Shuts Down Claim That Marvel #1000 Teasers Not Diverse Enough
Comic book birthdays today
There may still not be much of a party atmosphere right now. It all depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are always getting older and still celebrating that special date.
- Rex Mundi creator Eric Johnson
- Comics journalist, Stephen Jewell
- Comics colourist Nate Lovett
- Comic book editor Murray R. Ward
If you are in comics and have a birthday coming up – or you know someone who has – get in touch at email@example.com.
Subscribe to our Daily LitG Mailing List.
Interested in more Daily LITG discussion about what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.