LITG: The world can seem like a terrible and strange place sometimes, but at Bleeding Cool, you can still read all about comics, merch, TV shows, games, movies, and more. The Daily Lying In The Gutters remains a long-running run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here. The world keeps turning, and America is beginning to heal from all the burns. Even if a few scabs need pulling off first.
- Greg Berlanti & "Green" Arrow Convinced Stephen Amell to Return
- Harley Quinn Wants To Be Batman's Second Bisexual Robin (Spoilers)
- How Do Substack Comic Creators Sleep At Night?
- Substack Comics Creators Criticised Over Site's Offensive Content
- Here is Your Hasbro HasLabs 32" Marvel Legends Galactus Update
- Pip Pip! Tom Taylor's Secret Dream Project is Dark Knights of Steel
- Liam Sharp Takes Over Batman/Catwoman Art For Three Issues
- Is Jonathan Hickman's 3 Worlds 3 Moons, A Comic Industry Allegory?
- Joshua Williamson Announces Justice League Incarnate at DC Comics
- Harley Quinn Goes "What If…?" Vibe with Batman/Catwoman Sex Life
ICYMI: more you may prefer from yesterday.
In case you fancied more LITG about comics.
- Bob Kane's Batman & Robin Sketch For A Mother's Operation, At Auction
- Carl Barks' Santa's Christmas Mail Painting From 1979 Goes To Auction
- Dick Grayson Finally Tops Batman in Robin & Batman by Lemire & Nguyen
- Speculator Corner: Nocterra #1 by Scott Snyder and Tony S Daniel
- James Tynion IV To Tell Secret History Of DC Comics & 5G On Substack
- Wordburglar Performs "Living Between Wednesdays" At Sidekick Comics
- Talking To Todd About King Spawn #1 Getting Half A Million Orders
- Emotional Love and Rockets Original By Jamie Hernandez Hits Auction
- Al Ewing, Sise-Negging The Defenders Back To Reality's Sixth Iteration
- Krakoan Days And Nights – A Return To The Hellfire Gala (Spoilers)
- Printwatch: Jabba The Hutt #1, High Republic #7 & Kaiju Score #1
- Jorge Jiménez Is Staying On DC Comics' Batman
- Happy Birthday, Jim Lee in The Daily LITG, 11th of August 2021
- Peter Parker & Mary Jane Married With A Kid – But Only In Dark Ages
LITG one year ago, DC Comics Layoffs and The Orville
The big changes that have led to DC Comics layoffs were confirmed yesterday, as we started to see initial impacts.
- The Orville Creator Seth MacFarlane Is Going to "War" with NBCU
- Evidence Of A DC Change Already – Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy
- DC Confirms Generations Is Cancelled, In Detective Comics #1027
- The Office is Getting a New Wave of Funko Pops with Exclusives
- Death Metal #3 Confirms Jarro as DC Comics' Most Powerful Superhero
- DC Comics Appoints New General Manager to Start In Mid-September
- Impact Wrestling Report Part 1 – Impact, Fix Your Damn Twitch Stream
- After The Bloodbath – The Start Of A New Two-Year Plan For DC Comics?
- Deoxys Raid Hour: Last Chance To Catch Shiny Deoxys In Pokémon GO
- Wally West, Welcome The Robin King to DC Comics in Death Metal #3
- DC Comics Layoff Details Confirmed By Letter From Letterer
- Kevin Eastman, Peter Laird's TMNT Last Ronin Delayed With Big Changes
- $22 To Speak To Scott Snyder, Tom King or Greg Capullo For 3 Minutes
- Ice Cream Man #20 Second Printing From Image Sells More Than First
- The Many, Many Deaths Of Kitty Pryde (Marauders #11 Spoilers)
LITG two years ago,
- The Thief Who Tried to Sell Comics Back to the Store She Robbed Them From
- "Supernatural" Season 15: Everybody Dies [5 Bleeding Cool "Hot Takes"]
- "The Orville" Season 3: "Trek," Civil War, S04 [5 Bleeding Cool "Hot Takes"]
- Captain Marvel #9 Sells Out Ahead of Going On-Sale Over New Character, Star
- Jonathan Hickman Replies to "House Of X" Similarities to "The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August"
- Miss War of the Realms Already? Punisher Kill Krew #1 Has You Covered [Preview]
- Chris Claremont Doesn't Think He's Written a Lot of X-Men Stories Lately
- "Preacher": "Offending" the Right Folks, One Humperdoo at a Time [Video]
- Marvel Comics' "Ongoing" Series… Without a Volume Number?
- Why You Should Never Make a Deal With Mephisto in Doctor Strange #17 [Preview]
- Roy Thomas, on "Gardner Fox: The Forgotten All-Star"
- The Hunt's Jason Blum – 'I Would Take Out The Current Administration'
- Comic Stores Told to Destroy All Copies of Next Week's "Superman" #14 and "Supergirl" #33
Comic Book birthdays today.
There might be partially slightly more of a party atmosphere right now. It all depends on which state you are living in. But comics folk are still getting older and still celebrating that special date with twelve years for us as well.
- Donna Barr, creator of Stinz and The Desert Peach.
- Billy Tucci, creator of Shi.
- Shannon Wheeler, creator of Too Much Coffee Man.
- Bret Blevins, co-creator of The Bozz Chronicles and Stellar, artist on New Mutants.
- George Lennox, publisher of Cult Empire Comics
- Carlos Pedro, artist on Elephantmen
- Hal Laren, artist on TMNT, Bluewater
- Rod DiManna, former owner of Atlantis Comics
- Ian Feller, former Media Relations at CrossGen Comics
Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List.
Interested in more discussion about wrestling, Twilight Of The Superheroes, Pokemon, Red Hood, or what this all means? Subscribe to our LitG Daily Mailing List. And we'll see you here tomorrow.